Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Daily SAll-Star

While Nick and I usually alternate our SAll-Stars, Nick is traveling today and I'm going to preempt him.

Today's SAll-Star is Manny Burriss.

Many of you may not have heard of Manny before, but I have a feeling you will. Manny played his high school baseball at Wilson High School in Washington, DC (your authors' hometown). He went on to play college ball at Kent State. After an incredibly successful college career, Burriss was selected 33rd overall in the 2006 First-Year Player Draft by the San Francisco Giants. Well after many years of hard work, Manny has finally made the bigs.

I have worked at Home Run Baseball Camp with Manny before and let me say that there is no more deserving guy out there.

Congrats, Manny. Good luck!

EDIT: Check out this clip of Manny making a play in the Arizona Fall League last year. All you need to know is what the color commentator says.

No comments: