Thursday, May 8, 2008

Daily SAll-Star: Sir Charles


Charles Barkley was a damn fine basketball player. A former MVP, 5-time NBA 1st team selection, 5-time NBA 2nd team selection, an 11-time all-star, the 1980's SEC Player of the Decade, and a basketball Hall of Famer.


Now he's bloated and gambling away his fortune, but we here at Sal's All-Stars love him anyway. Charles has taken the persona that made him famous during his playing days and turned it into a lucrative studio gig along with Ernie Johnson and Kenny "The Jet" Smith to form the best studio analysis crew in any sport. Charles has always been candid, and that has helped him become a SAll-Star.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is my favorite Charles quote:
"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me. They won't make you rebound like me. They definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."